In today’s society, it’s tough to find quality time to spend with your family. This makes it so that when you do find time to devote your full attention to them, each moment is precious and not to be wasted. For this reason, before taking any vacations you’ll want to do your research so as to make sure you utilize time to your best advantage. Planning on visiting the Fox Cities and not sure where to go? Here at the Franklin Street Inn, we’re experts on the best activities in the area; so we’ve compiled a list of things to do in the Fox Cities for family fun.
1. Learning- There are numerous places in the Fox Cities that are rich in historical, cultural and scientific knowledge. These are wonderful places for families to spend time together. For a museum full of local and national history, you’ll want to wander through the History Museum at the Castle. If you’d rather gaze towards the future and the unknown, then maybe the destination for you is the Barlow Planetarium. But perhaps you’re looking to have a specific experience- one you can’t find easily anywhere else? For an activity you won’t find outside the Fox Cities, we recommend the Paper Discovery Center. Here you’ll find an array of information pertaining to the past, future and current roles that paper plays in our lives.
2. Sports- If you are part of a sporty family, then you will have an array of intriguing options available to you in the Fox Cities. Check out Fox Cities Stadium for an action-packed Rattlers game. Or to make your own fresh air fun, you will be able to find ice-skating, roller skating, boating and numerous parks at your disposal.
3. Animals- For the animal lovers, a trip to Special Memories Zoo is necessary. An exotic adventure packed with animals you won’t normally encounter is the perfect way to spice up your vacation. Or take a walk on the domestic side at Mulberry Lane Farm. A petting farm with an array of farm animals that will keep you entertained for hours. Or you could discover the numerous amphibians, reptiles and mammals living within the Heckrodt Wetland Reserve.
4. Play- If taking your family on an adventure is your aim, then visit the EAA Airventure Museum- the most beloved aviation attraction in the world! It includes fun for the whole family with more than 200 historic planes and an array of informational exhibits. Have a gamer in the family? Then you won’t want to miss some quality time at Funset Boulevard. Featuring laser tag, bumper cars and outdoor mini-gold, this place is the perfect family outing. Looking for a great meal that your family with surely never forget? Receive a dining experience straight out of the 1950’s at Charlie’s Drive in.
5. Explore- See where history was made by taking the Houdini Historical Walking Tour. Or explore the numerous parks and hiking trails for some outdoor excitement with your family. Soak up serenity and history on the Fox Wisconsin Heritage Trail, and watch as your family immerses themselves in nature. Another option available to the family bent on exploration is the Gardens of the Fox Cities. A horticultural experience that you won’t want to miss, these gardens contain 35 acres of garden displays. And of course, if you’re looking for a less physically challenging adventure- take a free ride on the trolley!
As you can see, the Fox Cities offer a plethora of different activities for a variety of ages. It will be easy to keep everyone entertained, regardless of their interests. And make sure that on your visit to the Fox Cities, you come visit us here at the Franklin Street Inn! We are a cozy and charming bed and breakfast that is located in a prime position for those that adventure throughout the area.